Medical Magnus Clinic is a modern specialist medical center operating since 1987. Within our clinic we have different departments including: orthopedic surgery, plastic surgery, neurosurgery, sports traumatology and rehabilitation. In 2012 we have opened, the first in Poland, Regenerative Medicine Hospital Ward, where musculoskeletal injuries and disorders are treated using patients’s own stem cells. Our Orthopedic and Treumatology Outpatients Clinic is the largest in the province of Lodz.
- Arthroscopy of the joints
- Musculoskeletal injury surgery and conservative treatment (tendons, cruciate ligaments, other ligaments and muscles joint cartilage, bones, spinal cord and peripheral nerves)
- Reoperations and corrective surgical procedures (joint constructers)
- Overuse injury treatment
- Knee and hip prosthetic arthroplasty
- Musculoskeletal disorders or injuries treatments by innovative method utilizing patient’s own stem cells, performed since 2009
Innovative procedures and treatments
The body of every human being contains regenerative stem cells which have the specific ability to „fix” on a regular basis the damage to different tissues. Most of them are present in the bone marrow and peripheral blood, and their production is additionally increased as a result of injury. Stem cells are the only healthy body cells capable of unilimited division, and thus immortal and self-rehenerating, while having the capacity to differentiate into other cel types. Stem cells are used, among others, in the treatment of orthopedic injuries including damage to the bone, cartilage, muscles or ligaments, diseases of the knee, hip and shoulder joints, as well as the ankle joints and feet. Obtained from the peripheral blood of the patient, they are administred into the injury site or the affected location, which allows for rapid regeneration of the damaged tissue
This unique method of treatment was applied in Poland for the first time by Dr Marek Krochmalski, an orthopedist and trauma specialist affiliated with Medical Magnus Clinic in Lodz. In his cilinical practice, Dr Krochmalski uses the CD34+ stem cell, which was identified in 2002. This cell has a kind of „intelligence”. Introduced into the affected tissue is divided into cell replica, a daughter cell and the second cell, which takes the form of the tissue into which it was given.
When administered into the bone, it takes the form of bone cells and into the muscle tissue – that of the muscle cells. The procedures performed by Dr Marek Krochmalski yielded in the vast majority excellent clinical outcomes. Treatment with stem cells improved the quality of life for many people, reducing pain and even dismissing the need for prostheses. The examples of effective therapy include weightlifters – the Olympic vronze medalist Bartlomiej Bonk, the Olympian and world champion Marcin Dolega,
or the World Strongest Man Mariusz Pudzianowski.
What can be treated using stem cells?
- injuries of muscles and ligament
- symptoms of muscular dystrophy
- disorders of the knee joints
- disorders of the hip joints
- disorders of the ankles and feet
- injuries of the shoulder and elbow joints
- nonunion fracture pseudoathrosis
- rheumatologic diseases
- regeneration of damaged muscles and joints
- restoration of the articular surfaces
- reduction of pain
- increased motility range of degenerated joints – increased quality of life
- a change in posture, increased daily activity
- in the case of arthropathy, the therapy often provides an alternative to joint prostheses
Doctor Marek Krochmalski Chairman of the Board Medical Magnus Clinic